View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
honeypig

That seems to be kind of a theme recently--ACTION will get results, where thinking/analyzing/why, why, why does NOT change anything.

Two more quotes on that same topic that I posted elsewhere but that I think bear repeating:

From Bill Wilson: You can’t think your way into right action, but you can act your way into right thinking.

And from the Hazelden site, from this article, https://www.hazelden.org/web/public/..._decision.page :

We avoid recovery by studying recovery instead of recovering. We cannot recover from a disease by studying it. We recover from a disease by treating it. I got a phone call from someone who wanted a scientific book on alcoholism for a friend. The friend had a drinking problem, and didn't want "any of this spiritual stuff," but preferred something scientific. I did as I was asked, and gave the name of a good book of science. I then said, "Giving this book will not help. We can no more recover from alcoholism by reading a scholarly book on alcoholism than we can recover from cancer by reading a scholarly book on cancer.

Action really is the key--and not necessarily big, sweeping, statement-type action, but the small, consistent acts that, when done every day, will change our lives and get us to where we want to be.