Thread: 17 months.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BullDog777

17 months.

I feel GOOD. Biggest test of my sobriety was this weekend when the fam went out of town. I'd like to say i was awesome, fine and serene but we all know that's bull$#it.

I spent the weekend with some old friends catching up and trading stories.

Nothing like being in the s#it with a bunch of friends who have my back.

I used to tell my story a lot, but i've really tried to stay away from my past this go around. I have a sick way of romanticizing the hell i was in.

Both feet in today is all i'm willing to talk about . I get to the rest a little at a time. Small doses of me is all I can handle most days. hahaha

Seems like a life time ago.

I'll say this to the newbies...here's where i was on paper march 1st of march 2016.

My neighbor found me on the sidewalk outside my house almost incoherent.

The drs. did a battery of tests on me. Heart was damaged and weak, Diabetes A1C 11.2...liver enzymes were terribly high. Fluid in my abdomen and legs.

Kidneys showed blood and proteins and the urine.
I remember it stunk BAD and was brown. BP was 240/135 or 140...they were worried i was gonna stroke. I was diagnosed as a chronic alcoholic with very little chance of recovery.

Spent the next 4 months in rehab.....then IOP and lots of dr. visits. It took me 16 months for my liver to heal. Kidneys are clean, heart is fine..no more fluid in my belly or legs. Diabetes...GONE.

If I can do it so can anyone else. Hope is a terrible thing to be without. If you feel like you can't go on....call an ambulance and get some help.

Just might change your life.

Thank you people.

ScottFromWl...I want to single you out for a sec. You have really been such a blessing for me on these boards. You always respond to my posts and offer a great deal of strength. Thank you.

ALRIGHT PEOPLE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! MAKE IT COUNT!!