View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Gilmer

This is a rare occurrence for me, but I had a really disconcerting drinking dream last night.

I had been invited to a very upscale party because the host was also a later life college student, and he had finally graduated.

I was sitting in their living room chatting pleasantly with the hostess when I laid my martini glass full of red wine down, and it sloshed and left a big red ring on her oriental rug.

I was horrified and fell all over myself rushing to try to blot it up. A lot of it did come up in the paper towel--but not all. A vestige of the stain was still there.

Right as I was feeling bad about leaving the stain on this posh rug, it hit me: without thinking I had drunk red wine! With horror and sorrow, I realized I that I had flushed my 3 years, 9 mo. right down the toilet without even thinking about it. I was back to Day 1!

I reasoned that at least it was good wine, not cheap stuff. But that provided zero consolation.

Then I frantically tried to get on SR, but I couldn't access it no matter what I tried.

Then I woke up.

I haven't been that upset in a dream for a long time!