View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
mm1741

Hi guys! Day 13 . Back to work this week, although a much slower week. I'm starting to notice my senses of smell and taste returning. I never noticed how poor they had become. I'm also not nearly as out of breath when I exercise.

Another interesting thing is that I don't get nauseated any more. When I was smoking I would get strange waves of nausea followed by sneezing (wtf?). I remember doing some research on it and it said it had to do with acid reflux which I linked to binge eating junk food when stoned, but it stopped completely as soon as I quit smoking sooo...nuff said . I'm able to think more coherently and plan ahead better. One of my major hobbies is electrical engineering (particularly high voltage), and i'm having a lot less difficulty sketching and comprehending circuits/circuit diagrams. The math is also coming easier. I knew I USED to be good at math; apparently weed stole that from me, too!
I'm sleeping every night. Worst case I'll wake up once or maybe twice at most but seem to have no trouble falling back asleep. My dreams are becoming more and more vivid. I'll admit, I've had a few where I didn't want to go back to sleep, but mostly I find them entertaining.

Lynn, regarding your comment about social groups/etc, I completely agree that I need to find some. One issue is that i'm still fairly young (29), and you can probably guess what a large percentage of people my age enjoy doing for fun; going to the bar, getting high, partying, etc. That, however, is no excuse. I know there are plenty of people out there who don't need drugs to have a good time. I've been off social media for a number of years and I sometimes wonder if it's time to start up again. That is, after all, the primary form of communication these days (particularly in my age range).

Anyway, tomorrow is the 2 week mark and I am proud of myself for reaching that milestone. Cravings have been almost non existent, but I remain vigilant. I hope everyone is doing well.