Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, everyone!

I had a most excellent weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect, and we had a really nice time. It was very nice to get away. There's no TV or internet there - and not much of a cell phone signal. It's really in the boonies. So quiet. I spent a good amount of time just sitting on the porch, listening to the birds and watching the hummingbirds at the feeder. One of them was a bit annoyed at my presence and dive bombed me a couple of times. It was funny. We tubed down the river Saturday afternoon - sublime. Two hours of not being able to do a single thing but relax and enjoy.

My son's performance on Friday afternoon at the end of Rock Band Camp was great. He went to the same camp last year and I can really see how far he has come in this year. He told me the music they played was easy for him, guitar-wise. The singing was harder for him - he sang lead on "Every Breath You Take" by the Police. It was a tiny bit out of his range but he did a great job anyway. He kind of blows me away when I see him up there performing.

And right now, my car is at the shop, where they are removing the last pesky reminder of my last DUI - the interlock device is coming out at last. It's been in since a couple of weeks after the incident - December 4, 2014. It's been a nuisance, but part of what I had to do to pay my dues for being an idiot and drinking and driving. The last time I had one of these devices and had it removed, it didn't take me too long to start taking chances drinking and driving again. Not this time. I am grateful every day that I am free from alcohol and the damage it caused in my life. FREEDOM!!!!

Last edited by MLD51; 07-31-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typos