View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Went to a bar last night and it was fine

I went to the liquor store on friday (actually three of them because nothing around here sells craft beer) and then last night, there was an impromptu junior high reunion at a local bar. Some great friends were there.

Wasn't tempting (I didn't think it would be), but I never drank in bars, ever. I had moved far away from any HS/college friends in my young adulthood. It was nice, but I was a bit a bit bored. I'll still say that conversation is a lot better with a dose of social lubrication.

All and all, this weekend, I realized, once again, that I was such an abnormal drinker (um, yeah, of course I knew this, but it helps to be confronted with that). My husband was very skeptical of drinking the beer I'd bought him, because as he said, he didn't want to drink on an empty stomach and he felt the alcohol content was too high to be drinking in the afternoon (it was a special kind). When he did drink it, he tossed half of it out because he felt highly buzzed (not a wimp, but just doesn't like that feeling).

Then, last night, all of these people from JH and HS, who were big party people back in the day, nursed their beers. I was there for two hours. Most had about 1.5 drinks in that time period. crazy. Oh, and no one got up to use the bathroom every 7 minutes to "not use the bathroom."

Happy Sunday.