View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FeelingL0st

51 days and I adopted a dog...

If you had asked me 6 months ago if I wanted the responsibility and commitment of a dog (I do have 2 cats but they don't require walks or much training) to walk, train, groom, feed and take care of I would have said "Ummm, no thanks I'm way too busy drinking and drugging to take care of anyone or anything else"
I've always been a dog person and have had dogs my entire life with my last one passing over a year ago at 18 years old.
A few weeks ago I was looking at dogs online..just LOOKING! and found a dog who just struck something in me, as have all my other rescues.
I went to visit him, fell in love, but told the shelter I wanted to think about it.
I came home and prayed about it, I talked to women in the rooms about it, I prayed about it, once I got a sponsor I then talked to her about it, I prayed about it, I talked to friends about it, I made sure I talked to EVERYONE about it, LOL, because this is a lifetime commitment and I am so early in my recovery. But every person and every prayer resulted in nothing but positive things, so I brought him home yesterday.
So, now I have a dog and I am 51 days clean and sober.
My entire life has changed in ways I never thought possible.
Just wanted to share
With that, I'll pass