View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Nefer- you have a solid recovery. In 29 days- it will mark 2 years since I burnt myself to death in a blackout. I lost my health, wife, 2 adult sons...bla. I ended up in a boarding house with criminal drug dealers blah. 7 addresses. Now I am 18m sober. Have secure housing and hope. And here comes the point.
The next week will see me go from supported recovery accommodation to my own little space with a lease under my name. Alone.
So all very good. BUT- I still am anxious because it is change. ANY change - good or bad- is emotional, which plays on our thinking and can alter how we see, think and do. So be careful to just focus on 1 thing at a time. If stuff gets delayed in transit- the world will still turn. Taking 5- to eat and hydrate will not make it happen any more slowly. Change takes time to adapt to. Remember to breathe, take you time to have breaks in driving, lifting heavy stuff. Keep a notebook in your pocket to write a running list of stuff that will pop up,. Remember HALTS and being mindful to look after yourself. Rest, eat, hydrate. Post here. Support to you.