View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
mm1741

Hi everybody! Whew, what a week. I'm glad it's over and I have a chance to sit down with some coffee and read/post.

I'm still sober (day 11), and still feeling pretty good. I have been pretty tired the past few days and sleeping a lot, as well as getting some pretty strange dreams. The way I see it, I got off somewhat easy physically this time around so I should expect stuff like that for at least a couple more days. I'm trying not to let it get me down.
My appetite is coming back (for REAL food, not junk like when I was high all the time), although that probably has a lot to do with starting to exercise daily again.
OK, so on to the not so good. I STILL haven't contacted NA. I know it's my AV telling me I don't need it, but the truth is i'm pretty lonely and don't have anything in the way of a social circle. I spend too much time by myself. I live with my dad and he is very supportive, but I can't rely on one person. Plus, he isn't a drug addict, so I can't fully relate to him on that level like I could with people in the rooms.
I don't know...this is a very important time for me. I need to continue making changes in my life to maintain sobriety. My AV was telling me not to post and share this, either, but he's a worse liar than Trump so I refused to listen.
I have a relaxing weekend that I need to fill with productive things, and next week shouldn't be so hectic so I will be able to read and post. It does really help.

PS: Hi Lynn! How are you doing? Regarding the addiction counselor, I was seeing him the last time I got sober in the winter. He was a nice guy but not exactly a perfect fit for me. This sounds incredibly pompous coming from a drug addict, but there wasn't much he could tell me that I did not already know about recovery. I feel it's more important for me to make sober friends, and build a sober social circle now than it is for 1 on 1 treatment.

Be well, everyone.