Old 07-28-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

We are finally getting a short break from the heatwave! Had a good rain storm come thru today too!

This evening when I was working on getting things ready to cook supper? I glanced at Danny's carrier! OMG! I have never had a chicken that can put the pout face on like he does! So I walked over to his carrier, got him out, wrapped him in his large snuggle towel and handed him to Jethro. He immediately snuggled in against Jethro and went to sleep. After awhile Jethro needed to get up. So I stretched out one of their fuzzy throw blankets on the couch and put him in it, covered him up and went back to the kitchen. He moved around until he got his head sticking out and went back to sleep!

Later after eating supper and standing at the sink washing dishes. He kept walking over to me complaining. I gave him some meal worms. He ate those and wanted more. I gave him a bowl of leftovers from a goodie bowl. He ate all that and wanted more. Ugh! I pulled out the bowl of diced bologna to add some to the bowl and then said: "The hell with it!" I put the bowl in front of him and said: "Eat till you get enough!" And ate he did! LOL Jethro walked into the kitchen and stood there staring at him. Then he walked over to the fridge to see how many more packages we had in the fridge! LOL

Danny finally got full and walked around the kitchen for a few minutes! Then he walked over to me while I was finishing the dishes and started pecking at my shoes and pants. I kept telling him to stop, but he continued. At one point I took the sprayer and hit him a couple of times with water to quit! He took a few steps back trying to figure out what happened. I dried my hands and picked him up. Jethro walked up and I handed him over. I suggested he put him in his carrier. So after doing that? Danny jumped up on his roost and went right to sleep. GEEEEZZZZ The boy is rotten!

My neighbor across the street is going to take one of the Ostrich boys! Thank you Lord! Now I can start introducing the other one to the two girls. Once everyone is getting along? I can send them to my sister's house! My neighbor has one lone hen and he'll be good company for her. Jethro and myself are going to help her work on her chicken coop and run to make it safe for the both of them.

Jethro is just about done with the pen he's been working on for the dog pen crew too. The four young boys can sleep in it so there's more room in the other coop that came with them. We still have to get over to my older sister's house to take down the chicken coop that's been there for years. It's built like Fort Knox and is going to be a task to take down.

Friday we got our hair care done and then went out to eat. From there we went shopping at Walmart! The next day Jethro read in the newspaper where a young man was found in the woods close to Walmart the day before, dead. He had overdosed according to the article.

While at my hair dresser's salon? She told me a young man had jumped off a freeway bridge. Seven cars hit him. I have to wonder if drugs weren't involved in that young man's decision to commit suicide?

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD