Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Tetra

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning troopers,

Tetra, it might be worth accepting that lift as you can sometimes pick up some useful information and/or build an improved rapport even for a short lift, it gives him a little snapshot of your life and so he will think of you more of a person rather than someone who does the administration.

Yeah it was only after I walked away that I realised "damn, I should have said yes". I would have liked to chat to him on a one-to-one basis away from the hospital for a few minutes. Plus I would have gotten a lift in the amazing car I'm told he has. I know nothing about cars but I am told it is top of the range.

Still. The fact that I even considered it is still awesome considering how things used to be. A few years ago I was stuck in my parents attic and crippled by social anxiety, too afraid to even get the bus to town. Now I'm turning down lifts in consultants fancy cars. My mother was giving out one day about something or other (I don't remember what). My father turned and pointed his fork at me and said "but miracles do exist. We have our own miracle and proof of it sitting right here". And each night I look at myself in the mirror and think "you have come a long way kiddo".