View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by non2016 View Post
I'm the spouse of a recovering addict. He doesn't want to acknowledge or validate my feelings when he engages in behavior that sends me in tailspin back to the horrible days. I think he's abusing adderrall now but since he has a prescription he tells me I'm crazy despite the fact he was caught getting some for a friend from someone else. I don't know. I feel so stupid.
that reads like active addiction. either that or im doing recovery seriously wrong.
"How can I get my husband to understand"

something is telling me you have probably tried a few thousand different ways with no success.
we dont have any secret magic way to get it through the head of someone in active addiction.

quite some time ago my sons' mother came over to my place to talk to me about how my drinking was effecting my son. in all honesty, it was the 1st civilized conversation we had ever had. i sat there listening and agreeeing.
then said,"ok, i gotta go to the store for a 12 pack. need anything?"

non, i hope ya stop trying to get it through to him. i hope you stick around and get support and solutions FOR YOU. please dont disappear for 2 or so more years.