View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lava256

I, too, can relate to the 'ice queen', only, that ice queen is me... I think. I've also noticed that my husband and I seem to be drifting farther and farther apart. We don't really talk much anymore. He mostly commands and I obey.... OK it's not thaaat bad but sure feels like it.

I have, thus, developed into an ice queen. If I had school, trust me, I'd be doing exactly what your wife does... Come home from work, head straight for my computer, study till late and then go to bed. Next day, quick kiss good morning and out of the door.

For the most part, that's how it is now.... Our only shared interest is our son, so we mostly talk about/with him. Our 'us' time is between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. every night, which is spent in front of the TV. If I'm watching one of my shows, he's on the phone... and vice versa.

I miss the days when we had only one couch to share and had to squeeze on it together and watch each other's shows happily. I actually grew to like many shows on the History channel because of him. But now, we have three couches and each one sits on their own, with dogs between us... Just yesterday, he set up a separate TV for me in a different section of the living room so that I could 'watch my shows in peace and on a big screen'. I know he meant well but I was thinking that this would only push us farther apart. This means we don't even share a common space anymore!!!!

Wow, are most marriages like this?

Sorry for what you are going through, Horn95. I didn't mean to rant about myself. Your post just struck a cord with me. My DH, though, is not an alcoholic. I am....