Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
herculana
Gratitude Gardener

Her style of writing, for me, is neither here or there... But her very important points are pretty revelatory, the way she wrote it aside.

How its a poisonous addictive substance and how we view "alcoholism" in our world... How we make it about our own weakness, our flaws...

When in fact no ones body was designed to process that stuff well.

We dont expect people to get together and do lines of coke as a normal thing, do we?

I am just talking about, SURE, looking at our own flaws, okay,.. But ALSO give a fair amount of scrutiny to the fact that its a toxic substance which is dangerous to use for ANYONE, and that for those of us who fell into a major bottomless hole with it ... Shouldnt be surprising in the least because of the NATURE OF WHAT ALCOHOL IS.

I am not angry at society at all, its more about how sane this perspective is that she presents.

Its far more sane than accepting 100% of the blame for being weak and flawed for becoming addicted to, say, cocaine... when you were raised to believe doing lines of cocaine all day is normal and even neccesary for a good life! (I am trying to show the absurdity by inserting the word cocaine there instead of the word WINE, or beer).

there is a horrible stigma attached to the label ALCOHOLIC. And I dont know if it hurts or helps revocery from the addiction to it. I just dont know.