View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Closure
is all I need

shestruggles... I am SO GLAD you made this post... I've been harboring ill feelings towards SR for almost a week. I haven't been here long, but I've reached out to as many people as I possibly can, in chat and through PMs. I've been pretty active considering the short amount of time I've been a member here. Anyways... I'm also on Sub for opiates (i haven't taken any sub for 2 days now though). I hit my 30 day mark last week and it went over completely unnoticed by the entire board. Not even the people I talk with frequently acknowledged it. That REALLY hurt my feelings. I don't have a support system at home whatsoever and have been doing this all alone and it would've been really nice to have my fellow SR members congratulate me like I see them do for alot of others. I see people making posts congratulating people on their landmark days (30, 60, 90 days, 1 year etc..) and even kudos for day one.. Which I think is GREAT, EVERY day sober is outstanding work.. BUT, it seems as those acknowledgements are only extended to a select group of members who I guess I'm not a part of. I've made several threads of my own, which have recieved few and even no replies. Even my FIRST post as a newcomer had very few replies. Yet I see other newcomers with 2-3 pages of hugs and well wishes. I don't understand why this board is selective about who they help and acknogledge and who they don't. There was a brief period where I began to feel welcome and "part of the group" but that, like I said, was BRIEF. I don't understand it, and I don't think it's right. We're all here with the same basic problem, looking for the same kind of comfort, and wanting just to belong. I didn't know when I signed up that there were criteria you had to fit to be recognized, but I obviously don't fit the mold.