View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by tyler
Hi Becky, SS!! If I were you guys, I wouldn't really worry about people who don't respond to your threads. Perhaps it is because they don't really feel they have anything to offer as far as wisdom. I don't think I've responded to many of your threads because I really can't relate to your drug of choice.

Hey Tyler, I really think you have responded to my threads, maybe you didn't understand what we were going through, but I do believe you have responded with support to at least a few of my threads. I thank you for that. See, we don;t really need to totaly understand, do we? It's a matter of really understanding that we were once in the same place, sharing the same pain. We all know that terrible pain. Maybe this analogy will work? Take a woman who has an addicted daughter for example, she goes to alanon to recieve support with all the issues she faces, and the pain she deals with.
Then you have another mom, say they are both here on SR, this other mom here, does not attend alanon, but she is seeking support, because she is in pain or has questions, or just wants to as I say, type the junk out of her head. I guess the way I look at it is, although she is not a member of alanon, she still needs to be supported. That is what she comes here looking for.
I guess that's how I see t, I don't know if you think that's a good analogy, but thats what I had, I don't know, I guess maybe you're right, it just doesn't matter. ?

Pot and alcohol were/are my main problems. I take anti-depressants, so by many people's NA standards I am not "clean". I don't go to NA, so I really don't care if they consider me "clean" or not. My issue with alcohol was binge drinking, I do not do that anymore, but I will, on occasion, have a beer or two, never enough to get a buzz off of, but it just goes good with hot wings and stuff. By AA's defination, I am not sober, but I don't go to AA, so that really doesn't matter to me. I mean no disrespect to either AA or NA, they are great programs that help a lot of people, but it just wan't my thing.

None of us mean any disrespect to any group.

I am a million times better than I was 6 months ago. I dont' smoke pot at all, as opposed to 24/7. I don't sit in my room and down a half bottle, or more, of whiskey. I am doing what works for me, and that is really all that matters. If a suboxine program is working for you, that is your choice. I think that it is probably better to be on a program that will allow you to taper off,
Yes a good reason.
if for no other reason than financial. (it is my understanding that the stuff is pretty expensive!)
It is expensive
But if you are doing better today than you were yesterday, more power to you. I guess what I am saying is that while it is good to listen to other opinions, and consider what they have to say,
I do like other opinions. They help me often.
"to thy own self be true."
Don't stress too much about what others say, and certainly don't stress about what they don't say. Well that's enough from me!! Take care.
"to thy own self be true."
I guess you have said it all here. I think it's more, raising the awarness to people, sometimes people don't even realize that others feel the way they do, until it's put out there, now it's put out there..
Love ya, Tyler, you seem to be doing very well. You also seem to have come a very long way. That's great. You also do what works for you, and I respect you for that. Thanks for taking time to respond.