Old 07-24-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
batchel9

I really don't know what to do with my kids

I have two young kids, age 5 and 2. I moved out in April and filed for divorce last week. AH is a great dad, when he is sober (which is a lot....he is a binge drinker). However he drank and drove with the kids in Jan, since I moved out drank probably twice while in the presence of the kids (like....really drunk), drank a few days that he was supposed to have them and I ended up taking them, and last week he drank while he had them overnight. When they didn't show up for a daycare class they had I went to the house to find them awake (the one in his crib calling for AH) and AH passed out drinker than a skunk.

Well now my lawyer is asking whati want to do for custody. The court will likely never do supervised visits only so they will end up with him sometimes no matter what it seems, even though some would argue it's not safe. Even now after like 2 days of not seeing AH my kids are complaining they never see him and are missing him. I just wish I had a way of them spending time with him and knowing they are safe. Stinks.

What are others experiences with this?
Anything I should do?

Thanks!