Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

Most of the gripes we had was
Crosstalk
Texting
Pets in meetings
Loud mouth and long winded shares
Gossip

It comes down to people just not behaving like we wish they would.Takes me back to step 3.Time and continued practice of the steps help with tolerance and peace of mind for me
My past sponsor # 2 used to say
In AA meetings we have all levels of insanity,sanity and spirituality.

My past sponsor # 3 said,
If you think we are bad now,you should have seen us before we quit drinking.

My buddy Bill says
There's something about him I don't like about me.

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Leading with the chin Tommy? lol. There is not much that bugs me on a personal level about meetings. It might have to do with my motivations for going. I am looking to make a positive contribution and have an eye out for the newcomer, so I am ok on my side of the street.

Many of the issues above have to do with the behaviour of individuals that we find disappointing. My disappointment would be more with the uninformed group conscience that allows that kind of thing. Many meetings call themselves groups, but have no effective group conscience, and no real understanding of traditons 4 or 5.

This is a key thing for me. I am looking at a meeting from the point of view of a newcomer. What are his/her chances of hearing the AA message? That is why I am there, it is part of my program of recovery to carry the message. What people do has no effect on me personally, but it does affect the newcomer.