View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
shestruggles

Wow, thanks for all the supportive replies. The bottom line,as many of you pointed out, is that I am happy and doing very well with my recovery.

I know everyone has thier own idea of what 'recovery' is; I certainly know that I don't fit NA's description (thanks Blake, for the reminder ~ I don't mean that rudely, it'sjust been a while since I heard that particular line from the text). I have made a good decision not waste my energy on people & places that don't accept me, or make me feel bad about the huge accomplishments I've made.

After thinking on this today, I can't help but feel I took the wrong approach...trying to reach out to those who make a point of ignoring me...I amnow thinking more along the lines of...it's just SO LAMEyou can't/don't respect the choices I've made or see how hard I work at this.

Let's just keep things as they are - you continue to avoid me & make judgemental comments about what REAL recovery is - I won't let it bother me. In fact, it almost makes me feel like a better person - open and ready to share with 'anyone who has the desire to stop using', not anyone who is willing to do it MY way....isn't there something else about taking what you need and leaving the rest? That also works for me - I'll cherish and learn from the love, strength and kindness of those who offer it and leave the rest of y'all who choose to ignore me behind..

~ special thanks to the few people who have NEVER spoken to me before for replying to this thread~

~and thanks to those who do speak to me for sharing thier thoughts~

Love to you ALL:SS