View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

CONGRATS SS-- I must say!!! You have done more for the Substance abuse forum than I have seen done since we started on it.. You have people here responding on your thread that I haven't EVER seen on any of mine in well, I don't know, I've been here a couple years. That is a step in the right direction... To bad there has to be discrimination here at my favorite place on the web. My favorite place for recovery next to Celebrate Recovery, which is a 12 stp christian based group.. They do not treat you any different there if you are on suboxone or methadone, of course they feel in time you will not need that, and that is the way I feel, and I know it's also the way you feel. I love my group.
Truly though. I feel the same hurt you feel, we have been members here for a while, and we have the same wonderful people respond to us, that's great, we love you, yet feel a bit (not sure which word to use here, with out getting people too angry, slighted, descriminated against?)
When I welcome new people in to SR, I often refer them around, encouraging them to check out NA/AA, or any other recovery group that will work for them, RARELY EVER have I EVER said go check out suboxone, I don't believe I ever have, unless they were questioning it, because I too believe they should try everything before suboxone or methadone, but, sometimes, there are people that just need the help of sub, to get their life in order, and get a good program going, then go off the sub. (I believe CassyK had it pretty well written in her post) . But you know what, if they are on Methadone or Suboxone for maintenence, it doesn't matter, they NEED SUPPORT as much as the next guy does, and I am willing to give it to anyone I can. I pray for everyone here, no matter their choice, or lack of choice of recovery program. If they are clean, that's great too. Whatever. We all need support.
I myself do not believe that "clicks" belong on SR. Everyone deserves, everyones support.
Blake you asked SS if she was on Maint. or if she was on it for detox? Does it matter? Does she deserve to have support from NA or AA members, or do I if we are on it for maintenence? Do we just deserve support without opinions?
I guess I just feel real strongly about this, not only because I am on Suboxone, ( I believe for this reason , there are people that are afraid to admit, even on the internet that they are on Sub, or done) but because I care so much for all people here. I want to be able to support every person here. That's not possible, it's just not possible for my to respond to every post here, I am on the computer to often as it is, but I try to respond often to different people, and welcome people often.
I think NA and AA are great, I think and recovery group is great, as long as it's helping people. To me, it's not about the program, but more about the people.
I'm sure I won't make any friends with this post, and that's to bad, because everything I have said is the truth, and it's really how I feel, and it's a feeling that's shared among others as can be seen in posts. I'm a little suprised that you kind of confronted the issue. No, I know you don't want to start anything, as I do not want to either, but maybe just to open up some eyes to see that we all need support, whether we are on some type of medication or not. I don't even question the fact that I am in recovery. Others may, that's fine, that's their opinion, and if they are, maybe they should be taking the time they are worrying about my program, to thinking about their own.
Thanks, I love you all. Thank so much to those of you that have taken their time to support me, especially recently as I have been having some harder times lately.
I have not used.. Cool, eh?
Have a great night. and to all of you that PM'd me, or responded to me on a thread, I will get back to you, I am just getting back a buit sloewr right now..
Love, Becky