Old 07-20-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
DesertTraveler

I'm in too.

Really liked everyone's posts. I can definitely relate to what one of you said about the spontaneity and freedom that we experience not being slaves to the booze. In other words, we can do pretty much anything at any hour of the day, within reason (we may have jobs, limited income, etc.). If I want to go to Walgreens at 10 pm on a Tuesday night I can. Many people would take that for granted. But not us.

When I was still drinking, right before I quit, it was getting so bad I had to start drinking in the afternoon, every day, or I would get the shakes and my heart/chest would get really tight and I would get really anxious. By 10 pm I would usually be wasted and would just stay at home. I would never drink and drive, but instead would ask my wife to go out and pick up this or that, which wasn't right or fair to her at all. Looking back, I am ashamed of a lot of what I did/said over the last 10 years or so I've been drinking heavily.

It is nice to be free again and I am looking forward to being a better husband and father. It will be 6 weeks on Sunday.