View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AUDRADAVID
Clyde's Bonnie

hey ss- my abf is trying to kick the h and coke, and i did much research on buprenorphine, even found a doctor 20 minutes away who accepts new patients and state assisted insu. How is that drug going for you? U know what i say to those anti-med people- hope they don't smoke ciggs and go on anti-depressants-hope thier headaches are asprin free- when they have cramps leave the Midol be, and pennicillian stay away. Sometimes meds help people that's what they're for. Even if its methadone for heroin- on the methadone addicts can fuction normally- jobs, family, sports, ect. Sometimes one needs to take a step back to take a step forward. As long as its in the right direction- congrats to u. See when u go on meds to get off dtreet drugs, you're off the street drugs and can begin the recovery process. That in my opinion is a step in the right direction. When u are no longer:lying for heroin, stealing money, making your children and spouse cry, unable to keep a job-it is always a positive step. Some people can do it without prescription meds and some can not- to both i praise- because both are off street drugs- and I am sure thier life has improved even the slightest bit. Sometimes you crawl before u walk- sometimes you just stand up and walk- either way all that matters in the end is that you've learned to walk.