View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Originally Posted by Kk04 View Post
Hello!

I am super new to this. I have nobody to talk to so I felt that this was the best place. After all, strangers speak the truth!

My boyfriend ( we will call him bmac) and I live together and we have a great relationship...when he's sober.

He doesn't drink everyday, which is not me making an excuse..or maybe it is. Maybe it's what makes me believe that this isn't a big problem. But I find myself alone, a lot because he's out drinking.

It Always starts off the same way.. he will go out to play golf, or go "help" a friend and then he disappears until early morning when he stumbles in and slurs his words while he tries to happily tell me about his night. No regard that I worried sick about him all night because of course, he doesn't let me know where he is.

This happens about once a week, sometimes I'm lucky and I get to have him sober for a whole week ! In my opinion, I think he's a binge drinker. He cannot stop for the life of him and once he takes that one sip and it's always Downhill from there.

Nothing has detoured him from it. He's been caught drinking and driving, that didn't stop him. I threatened to leave, that didn't stop him. I've tried to get him to talk to someone , he says he will but then he doesn't.

It's really hard because although at first he was at least a functioning alcoholic, he isn't anymore. He ditches plans with me and friends, he has missed work from being too drunk or too hungover , he's not reliable anymore.. I don't even know if he ever was.

I don't know what else I can do.. I'm becoming depressed and my anxiety is always through the roof because I never know where he is or what will happen. Tonight, I stay awake, alone, because he's out again...

Thanks for listening !

Kk
Hi KK

I am sorry for what brings you here

From what I read of your story you are dealing with a difficult situation. Its very difficult when they don't recognize they have a problem.

You came to a great forum. There are lots of good supportive people here. There is endless valuable information to read. Read as much as you can. It has helped me greatly. Don't be afraid to post & ask questions. You will get very direct responses. Direct responses are helpful in times of confusion.

I have my own story which is posted. The loneliness is difficult to deal with. Loneliness when you are with them or in my case loneliness after you decide to leave the relationship. I've felt both of those.

I wish you all the best.