Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Auntie2

You said your parents are very concerned. Do you think your parents have reasonable judgement? I feel like a lot of times when our loved ones know a relationship is dangerous they are correct (not always because there are varied circumstances). My parents and all of my sisters friends (and me of course) disapproved of her relationship with her now husband for a good reason. He was a meth addict and his behavior was awful. My parents are very accepting so for them to disapprove is something she should have taken note of. She didn't listen. She never has and is very stubborn. She actually became addicted to meth herself. Life for her and her family has been quite miserable and it's gone on for about 17 years. Life is short. 17 years is a long time to be miserable and isolated. She has many regrets but she still sticks by him. He is a worse drug for her than the drug itself. Meth destroys things and nothing can be fixed until it is gone from their lives and even then it's still a long road to fix things inside.