View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Normancita

Originally Posted by tealily View Post
I'm searching for every bit of encouragement that I can to sustain me in this new path.

I hope it's not annoying to be so "positive" because I certainly have my struggles and years of regret and shame, depression and cyclical worries.

But I'm finding that it helps keep me on track to remind myself of the emotional and physical benefits I'm already seeing of not drinking, rather than focus on what I might be "missing" -- though that is seeming less and less appealing and more and more ridiculous as time goes on.

So, an accounting:

-- I'm sleeping great, waking up rested and relieved, and falling asleep naturally at a decent hour, not just "passing out".

-- My blood pressure was 119/73 a few minutes ago, after having crept up to worrisome levels only a few months ago when I was daily drinking.

-- I've lost 6 pounds and my stomach is almost flat, after looking like I was 7 months pregnant with bloat just a few months ago.

-- I'm taking the antidepressant that had been prescribed to me but which I had stopped taking so I could drink.

-- I have been laughing out loud.

-- I have an early morning appointment tomorrow, and I don't need to worry if I will have wine seeping from my pores when I go in.

-- My skin looks glowier, my face less puffy, and my eyes white instead of bloodshot.

-- I'm in my 50s, and I'm getting more compliments/looks lately than I've had in years and years.

-- I've saved at least $550 on wine alone. I used to drink about a bottle a day. That's the calories of eating a Big Mac every single night.

I'm only 55 days in, so I know there's more good to come.

I truly see I was poisoning my mind and body.

Hope this encourages someone!
Reading this helped me so much.....thank you!!!