Old 07-17-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

If you're not ready to move in with him, you're not ready to move in with him.

Given all that he's done to you, you have every right to still remain wary for your sake as well as your baby's. That said, being in limbo would drive me crazy too, and I can see why you want to make a decision sooner rather than later.

One thing I wonder, how would he react if you told him you weren't ready yet to make a commitment? How would he handle that disappointment? Would he still continue to work on himself? Are you afraid to know the answer?

Let's not beat around the bush here. He sexually assaulted you and cheated on you while battling a drug addiction. You also love him inordinately. Despite what he did to you, you want to believe that he loves you inordinately as well. You want to believe that he is repentant, and yet you also want time to assess the situation to see if he will be a good husband and father to your child.

I'm going to make a whole bunch of presumptions here so you can tell me to stuff it if I'm wrong:

1) You want to make a decision that you can be proud of.
2) You want to make a decision that affirms your personal and religious beliefs.
3) You want to make a decision that ensures the safety of your child.
4) You are angry at him for making decisions that got the whole family into this whole sorry mess.
5) You want your husband back.
6) You don't want your husband back - you want Husband 2.0, the honest, trustworthy Husband you never got with Husband 1.0.
7) You want proof that he can take care of you, just as you took care of him, ESPECIALLY when everything hits the fan.

Yeah, I'm rambling here. But I'm trying to make sense of this all, just as you are trying to make sense of this all, and all I can say is that I don't envy you one bit.

Hugs and bananas to stop leg cramps (I used to get MASSIVE ones when I was pregnant). May a bathroom be close by no matter where you go, and may your baby never poke your bladder for entertainment.