View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
HeartNSoul2019

To all in reference to him being kicked out for just a DUI. I am active duty also. Unfortunately when they started the draw down all the old rules changed. An army NCO will now get QMP for a DUI. They have been kicking people out with DUIs from ten years ago. They have zero tolerance for almost everything. The only way you won't is if you are E4 and below. I am 100% sure it was alcohol related only. I actually work with our personnel clerk also. But either way, alcohol might as well be drugs.... they are all career enders and ruins people's lives. What I can say now that I wasn't so sure about is this clearly wasn't the first time he's driven. He just finally got caught. With each day I get a little stronger and hopeful though. Not so much for us anymore but for me. I know it's a disease, but I truly feel if you want something bad enough you will do anything to make it happen. And if he wanted to be in my life and make things work, then he would get help. Fact is, he isn't ready. I was never first, that damn bottle is his fiancé. I was just love struck and wanted to "stick it out". Again thanks so much for support and feed back. This forum is so empowering