Old 07-17-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SaveHer

"...my mind and my heart are not in a place to say I know for a fact I dont want him as my husband anymore."

And this is totally okay. It's okay to not know, and I admire your ability to remain so calm and patient. I was never a fan of being in limbo.

When I finally knew, I ABSOLUTELY knew that leaving AXBF was the right thing to do. And funnily enough, it was my newborn daughter that gave me that certainty. I had two miscarriages before she was born, so she really is my miracle baby. My desire to protect her is so strong, and now she is 3 1/2 months old, and my home is a much more sane, healthy place to be without her father around. Initially, however, I had some of the same questions you seem to have: is it better to keep the family together for her or will it only do more harm in the long run? Lucky for me, AXBF was on his worst possible behavior. It was like looking at things through a microscope with a gigantic spotlight--if that makes sense.

It will be interesting to see if your perspective changes once your baby is born. The whole "mama bear" thing is so true.

Hang in there. I think you're doing amazingly well. Keep us updated on the baby!