View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Misc72

Neighbor and pool situation

Something is really festering with me currently. I'm trying to avoid angry situations because I tend to be weak with my resolve to not drink when angry. I wanted to put this thread out there because it is eating at me. It is small in the big picture of life... But if something small could make me drink then it isn't small afterall and I have to deal...

So I set myself up... I have an in-ground swimming pool. My neighbors that share my fence line and the ones behind me are really cool people and they have 3 small children. The ones next door have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. The ones from the back have a 7 year old girl.

So being Mr. nice guy I opened the invite, "oh you can bring your kids swimming anytime...." Boy did I open a can of worms. It has turned into an almost every day event. I never thought in a million years that would happen. I thought well, maybe once a week. Now they are starting to use it during the week day when I'm working. My desk faces my pool. I'm too nice to say it's not a good time. So kids are yelping and screaming and splashing during my work day. Then the week-ends I don't always want them over. I want my privacy and my own company. My husband and I like to skinny dip.. Get it??

So... when we left out of town last week I checked our security cameras and they were all out at my pool without asking!! We just saw the guy too and he said nothing about using our pool. I'm now thinking LIABILITY situation if God forbid someone where injured or drowned. And a few days before that the dad next door was floating in my pool again while we weren't home like it's his pool.

Also they are partiers but not bad like me... as far as alcohol goes. I'm o.k. with pot, but I don't smoke it and I don't want my 16 year old son exposed to it at my home. Well I was sunning recently and looked down and found a big roach... I was pretty pissed but again, didn't say anything.

They keep buying me gifts too. They just bought me floating wine glasses as I haven't announced my new SOBER AF attitude.

I want to withdraw this open invitation I have somehow created. I want to reclaim our privacy. I want to pull the plug so to speak.

I don't how to approach it... They knew I was upset when I found they were using our pool as soon as we left for the airport. That is a totally separate issue. Really feel violated there. Then the petsitter shows up with all these people in my back yard having a pool party with my dogs he was hired to watch. It's just so awkward.

I don't hate them, I just don't want them having this pool pass.

It's my fault but I need to change it... any recommendations as to how to proceed...

My worries are that I'm going to keep holding it inside and then burst.