View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
anodes7102

Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
Hi everyone! Hope the summer has been treating you well. I was doing great until I met someone a couple months ago that seems to really trigger me…

I couldn’t figure out why this person made me feel so badly about myself but I realized it’s because he’s such a stark contrast to my life. He gets to travel a lot for work, he’s really close to his family and he always seems to be doing something. When he tells me of his plans I get these awful pangs of jealousy… and when I look deeper into it it’s because I am still grieving the loss of my childhood and the family life that I never had.

It hurts so bad when I see people have lives that appear to have so much support. I can’t ignore that I don’t have much of a “built in” support system that these people seem to have… and it makes me feel very insecure because I don’t want new people to think there is something wrong with me when I tell them that I not close to any member of my family… at all. Not one.

It’s not the life I wanted and it is so very painful. This feeling definitely goes wayyy back and I am finally dealing with it now. The problem is that I don’t really know how… such a deep sense of loneliness and loss. It’s like I am flashing back to when I was a kid and neither of my parents were around. It’s kind of amazing actually that I was able to bury this feeling for so long. I really do feel like a kid again. It makes me even more sad to know that I was feeling like this as a child. I forgot how much I suffered a kid.

I just want to get through this already.
I feel you pain. It's really tough without a solid support network. That is why I joined SR! The only solace I draw is from building my relationship with my kids, living a day at a time and not trying to think about the future too much. Journaling and being grateful for small things and reading "good books" which draw back emotions to childhood have been helpful understaing my emotions more. I have blogged on SR in previous posts that David Richo has written some great books in this space including "coming home to who you are"
There are people out there how do care - find them and draw on them including on-line community. Big hug Take care