View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Originally Posted by Cody11 View Post
Hi HL,

Although your message was sent before mine earlier it wasn't on when I sent mine.

This is going to take us a long time to come to terms with. Im having difficulty sleeping too. Im finding it hard to get to sleep and I, like you, am only managing to sleep for a while at a time. My ex is also in my dreams which I could do without!

This is just such a horrible time in our lives and it's going to take time - a lot of time - to come to terms with it all. You're in therapy though? If I have that right then I hope it helps you. I live next door to a psychologist and it's been good talking to her. So many people have so many opinions and some folk just can't understand why im finding things so difficult but I think until you've been in this situation, no-one else can understand. It's a horrible day here in Scotland so im watching the tennis but I think I'll venture out to my sisters later. The thought of being here all day and night isn't good. It's when I can let it all overwhelm me.

I hope you get through this weekend. Take care.

PS - I messaged Lisa and she's answered back so she's surviving.
Hi Cody

I saw that Lisa surfaced on her thread & was glad to see she was at least ok.

In the past, especially over the last year or so, I've tried to stop with her several times. Each of those times were extremely difficult for me. Each very emotional & painful. I obviously didn't succeed - none of them lasted for very long. This time she has left me alone. I have no idea why.

My point is I knew this was going to be extremely difficult. I knew it would take me a long time to get through it. In some ways I don't think I will ever be the same again.

I start with a therapist mid next week. She's going to say ok hun tell me what's going on in your life? Why are you here? Her jaw will drop when she hears this load of sh@t.

Yes I totally agree I don't think anyone can really understand what we are going through unless they have experience either with being an addict or closely trying to deal with one.

I guess it was gods or HP will for us to go through this experience. Although I don't see it now, hopefully we will be better off for it.

Please have the best day possible