View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Soberwolf
Do your best

4 years seems like such a long time but really it's a blink of the eye not even that.

I'm happy i don't drink anymore and happier than i have ever been without alcohol, I'm not proud or in a celebratory mood for 4 years as its not about that (For me)

It's been a long year or at least felt like one, a lot has happened in my personal life both good & not so good (Such is life) but overall it's improving all the time & I'm doing really well.

I would like to say to anyone on a day 1 (Whether it's your first day 1 or your 1000th) to deeply think about what you want from life, in particular your life...We only get this one. As i flick back to my own day 1 i remember feeling hopeless, worthless & broken...It was horrible & painful but with work on myself & staying commited on my recovery i somehow am writing this message right now to you guys

SR has played a big part in my recovery since i arrived in August 2014 i have met many people and have learnt tons along the way i guess you can call SR many things as it does so much for so many but more than anything it's a vast valuable resource & library of recoveries and from this i have gained a lot of knowledge (How could you not)

So with that i thank you all & a special shout out to SoberLeigh for making the time to create this thread I'm unworthy in your kindness hun x

I'l be around today but i wont be back until late autumn & even then i wont be posting as much but i will be around