Thread: New.
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jswillis

Thank you for your words. It is a difficult thing to deal with and up until this point I have been doing it alone. I was really happy to find somewhere that could help offer support. I have been putting back little bits of money here and there to prepare for what i fear is the inevidtable. I have already given him so much time and if there isn't ever going to be any improvement I cannot justify giving him another six to ten years. I feel like we won't make it to that happily ever after stage so even though it is hard I feel like leaving is the best part before I get too much older. I'm just not to the point yet. I need more money put back and to convince myself it is truly for the best and realize that he isn't going to stop drinking. "Rock bottom" was mentioned... I don't know if he will hit it soon enough to save our relationship.
When you do forgive someone and they do become sober how do you replace the trust or begin to see them as anything more than the alcoholic you have come to know? That is one of the hardest things for me. Even when he has a decent week and has less to drink I still see him in the alcoholic light and honestly can't stand him most of the time. Does the man or woman you once knew ever come back in your eyes? Again thank you so much for the support.

Last edited by jswillis; 07-13-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Adding more