View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tekink

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Working in a bar can't be the problem, because you aren't allowed to drink while you're working. Go home as soon as you cash out.
That is not necessarily true and brings up a point I was going to make.

If the bar you are at now doesn't say anything about drinking on the job you might want to change venues. It's always easier to not drink at a new place and corporate places will be far more strict. It's also much easier to find a job in this business if you are already currently employed in it.

Laws vary by state. Many places it's perfectly fine to take a shot with a customer if the customer buys you one. Some folks make a fake shot some folks take a drink. In my late 20's I was wasted at the bar every shift. I actually made more money because I related with the drunks and that was a 300-400$ a night gig.

At my bar I cannot drink if I'm behind the bar because I'm an owner. My manager could.

black tar poo can be a sign of liver damage, blood turns black when you digest it.

I was at early stage liver damage where the doctor told me I was going to go someplace bad soon if I didn't stop.

That was january 2014 and I have 5 months now. I didn't even try to stop for a year even though it was already starting to kill me.