Old 07-13-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Bastille Day Weekender - our raison d'etre 14-16th July

This week I thought that for the benefit of anyone new to SR I would give a recap of why Weekenders is here.

It goes without saying that the weekend is traditionally the time for R & R, even though many of us have to work, do chores, DIY projects or have family commitments so it follows that it is the weekend is when lots of us find it the toughest to resist our addictions. The upside is that it is also the time we can most appreciate the benefits of doing so.

The main Newcomers forum is the place for specific points or questions but this is somewhere you can post to let us know how you are doing - it might be that you are struggling, in which case the thread will rally round or it might be that you are doing well in which case we would like you to share that with the group.

Food, music, pets, travel and humour are all frequent topics of conversation, as fellow Weekender Gilmer memorably put it, you might just want to say "I am eating cheese" (which would be rather fitting during France's national day).

Basically any contribution or observation you might have that would not warrant a new thread is more than welcome here.

A little bit of history, this thread was started about 4 years ago by Weasel and Mecanix, and I want to offer my sincere thanks to them for this thread which was a great help to me in the early days of my recovery.

The Opening Post has also been written on occasion by, in alphabetical order, Dee, LBrain, Nonsensical and Venecia and I would like to thank them too. I hope I haven't missed anyone out.

BRING ON THE SOBER REVOLUTION!