Thread: New.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jswillis

New.

Hello everyone, I am new here and will slowly try and understand how this all works. I didn't really know where else to turn. My husband is an alcoholic (even though he doesn't care to admit it) and I am struggling really hard in dealing with the situation. It has been a constant struggle for us for the past 6 years. He has his good days (who would think a half a pint of vodka and a six pack is a good day) but honestly it is. He calls it his "don't get kicked out of the house kit", but he also has his really bad days too. I don't have meetings in my area and even if I did I honestly don't think he would support my decision to attend them. Not to mention I do not trust him alone with out children due to his drinking. I love the man but he doesn't seem to want to change. Any advice would be appreciated.
I also think it is important to mention that his mom is currently suffering from dementia due to her alcoholism and smoking. She also refuses to quit and he gets frustrated because "she did this to herself". I told him that I am not doing this twice because as mad as he is at her he is doing the same thing to himself.
Thank you everyone for hearing me out.