View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MerryBee1

Yes, there is still definitely that morning after crash regardless of any medications. I find it damages my self-esteem the next day as well. I feel like I was weak again and have hurt people and embarrassed them and myself, leading to further feelings of shittiness about myself in general.

I am a bipolar alcoholic that goes through intense drinking binges. The alcohol ruins the calming effects of mood stabilizers as well. Drinking while on meds has had huge repercussions in my life. I was recently drinking through a period of mania and destroyed my closest friendship. I was saying totally bizarre things, scaring and embarrassing her. I personally start yelling out rambling ideas like a lunatic when I'm drunk on my meds.

Even my neighbors are afraid of me, and laugh at me and scatter away from me because of the crazy behavior I've had walking down the street in a drunken mania Then, again, there is an overwhelming sense of shame the next day. It definitely takes a total commitment to health to make all this work!