View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dead Poet

Angelhugs~ that was one of the main reasons I stopped and am trying to become sober. I am 20 years old and I could see myself using in 20 years, and I didn't want that to be what my life had become. I would make so many goals and had so many different ideas of what i wanted to do ALL at once and really i was doing nothing but using. I was in college and wanting to do so many things meanwhile i was skippping classes barely making grades. In order to accomplish some of those things I HAD to stop, i had to live..i have to live...and i learn everyday that life isn't always either a uge party or a terrible horrible accident, it just is. And it can def. be boring sometimes, unless i choose to think positive. I dont overexagerate but i def. try to look at what keeps me happy and what else i can do to be happy and be sober. Hope that helps..i was also using because i didnt want to actually start doing those things..ironic huh..i "thought" it was too much or i didnt have enough time...but that was the drug talking