View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FaithChaser
Ugh!

Angry Need some help here

xxxI know I'm not supposed to gripe at my ah but I'm not sure how to handle this situation correctly. I know I'm not healthy so if anyone with some experience & strength could give me some suggestions, I would be extremely grateful!

Situation: AH promised to keep the drinking down to three days a week, I realize that promise would be broken when he made it. Last night he came in with a bottle of Sierra Mist and immediately I had my suspisions so I took a drink. I thought I tasted a hint of vodka in it but was unsure as vodka doesn't have much flavor to me. After ah went to sleep, I decided to look in his truck to see if there was any vodka in it. I realize I set myself up here, but if he's drinking at work and in his truck driving, I feel I need to know to protect myself to a degree. Maybe I'm fooling myself here, not sure I do that a lot. So, I find a liter of vodka in his computer bag. HUGE suprise. My reaction was to go read my bible, come on here and read etc. Find my peace. He comes down and I tell him to just go to sleep I'm okay.

Next morning, I wake up in a very ugly mood... actually cussed upon waking up when I remembered the previous night. His reaction is to chace me down and ask what is wrong, I tell him to leave it alone I'll be fine. He keeps after me shouting at me asking what is wrong. I told him what I'd found, he says, "I DID NOT DRINK ONE DROP! I FOUND THAT IN THE GARAGE A WEEK AGO, SO I PUT IT IN MY BAG!!!" Makes perfect sense to me, everytime I find lost booze I stick it in my work bag, sure!

My question: What is the correct way to handle this? Do I ignore it, how do I react when he brings it up? Help?

Thanks,
~Faithchaser