View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KDUB10

Approaching closet drinker?

I've known about my husband's drinking for years- 11. The first time I confronted him about the drinking, he blamed me. The next time was a day or so after he almost died. He's diabetic and drinking affects his blood sugar. That was the first time he said he could quit on his own. That was over 4 years ago. I've confronted him once since then, after finding empty vodka bottles on multiple occasions. At this point he admitted he thinks he's an alcoholic and that he can't quit on his own. He went to AA meetings for maybe 2-3 weeks and then stopped. Within the past couple months I've been finding bottles of soda/Gatorade mixed with vodka. It's gone from finding 1 every couple weeks or so, to finding them 3-4 days a week. I'm fairly certain he drives under the influence... quite possibly with our children in the car. As I write this I almost feel like an idiot for not speaking up. I guess I just don't know how to do it. What to say. I don't trust him, I'm not even sure I love him anymore. I have too much anger, resentment, and disappointment toward him. I guess I'm looking for advice on how to approach him... again.