Thread: Sad
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MrDavid

Re: Sad

If he wanted to move forward, he would have done so by now. So, there must be a reason why.

You have to admire his resolve, though. Anyone who remains steadfast in their relationship is willing to sacrifice more than the average partner. It’s a game changer as far as I’m concerned.

I’m also a stern believer in second chance opportunities, and I think the same can be said of him. With that said, I think you need to consider all the facts before you proceed.

If you’re in a relationship for superficial reasons only and have no emotional connection to the person in question, then it’s not worth pursuing. The same rule applies to friends and close confidants as well.

I have also learned that as an adult no one else can foster a sense of happiness without some effort on my part.

If this person provides me with a profound sense of enjoyment, real not imagined, then chances are they are the right individual for me. And the longer we stay in a relationship, healthy or not, the more comfortable we become. In your case, I feel the comfort level is justified, especially when you consider the facts.

Let me ask you this: Has their demeanor changed one iota throughout the years? If the answer is ‘no’ then you’re in good company. If the answer is yes, then you may want to weigh your options. If it were me, I would try to relish this moment as long as you can. Why? You never know what could have been if the timing was different. Something, worthwhile, to think about. Good luck.