Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
skipper63

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the welcomes.

Some one asked what my plan was in May when I quit first. I am not trying to sound flip, but my plan was to stop drinking.

Someone else asked how I did the 32 days I went without a drink... well, I quit drinking.

I am using a little humor to say that other than an awareness of the FACT that I am drinking too much and needed to stop... I had no plan. I have been writing back and forth with a friend of mine (we were very close in HS - partied a lot together) who recently passed his eight year mark. His words have been very helpful.

I have been lucky to not experience any "yets" (I have been reading about those on here), but I know that they are waiting for me to mess up again. I also have spent some time reading a very exhausting thread about "perfect weeks". Wow, seems like too much work... and I am not strong enough to do that. The last month has proven that to me.

I will continue to read. I thanked my HP for a sober day yesterday and a clearer morning this morning. I plan on having those thanks again tomorrow.