View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Kris47

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Good morning everyone

In a pity mode top with lots anger my foot still broken. Plus thinking Suicide why my brain go there.

But I don't I don't want to drink or drug over it. So here it goes please give me another 24:00 more............................

There are really only two ways to approach life--as victim or as gallant fighter-and you must decide if you want to act or react, deal your own cards or play with a stacked deck. And if you don't decide which way to play with life, it always plays with you.

—Merle Shain

Being the victim is, or was, uncomfortably familiar to many of us. Perhaps some of us are only now realizing we have choices, that we need not let life happen to us. Becoming responsible to ourselves, choosing behavior, beliefs, friends, activities, that please us, though unfamiliar at first, soon exhilarates us. The more choices we make, the more alive we feel. The more alive we feel, the healthier our choices.

Our aim is recovery. Recovering means participating fully in our lives. It means self-assessment and self-direction. It means trusting to move forward, step-by-step, choice-by-choice, knowing all the while that no thoughtful action can trouble us.

Many opportunities to make choices will present themselves today. The choices I make will satisfy me; they will move me toward my goal of recovery.
Time for a meeting? BIG Hugs for you Friend.