View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Jo-You have me in tears because I could have written this myself. Today I chose food over having fun with my little guy. I am escaping with FB and tv and food, food food. Because I want to drink. Because I want to be thinner. Because I want to be happy in my marriage. Because I can't fix my life as quickly as I would like.
But you know what? We are sober. We are freaking changing the most important thing in the world for ourselves and for those we love. We are choosing to love ourselves after years of abuse. We are choosing life over death. We are choosing clarity over toxic, poisoned thinking.

I think the rest will slowly fall into place.
Let's give ourselves a little break. It's okay to have an "off" day filled with sugar and cigarettes. It's OKAY.

Hang in there, maybe tomorrow we will feel better. You are in no way a fraud- you are loving, caring and helpful towards others. And most importantly you are HERE because you want a better life. Let's try to go easy on ourselves for the rest of the day. It's going to be okay, a few extra calories and some wasted social media time and all. It's really going to be okay.
That's lovely sunflowerlife (((thank you))) and rationally I know I should give myself a break. That's another work I hate "should"......it creates expectations and standards I'm just not up to yet. Tell you what let's me and you take it easy for a few days and see how it goes.❤❤❤