View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
myluckyday

Hi Hns! My story sounds so similar to yours. What got me to quit was a liver scare. My liver hurt so much and after I was diagnosed with an enlarged and severe fatty liver, I finally decided I needed to stop to save my life. I think I really didn't care about myself. I was doing it because my kids need their mom. I was a night time drinker. I drank every night after everyone went to bed so no one saw. The next morning I was up early and at work so I was a high functioning alcoholic. High functioning but always tired and sick. (Which I would keep to myself as to not give my secret away.) What a way to live!!! The way I got through the first days was just to go to bed early. That was my drinking time so I would be asleep during my craving time. Sleep was no problem as I suffered from extreme fatigue during that time. I went through a period where I thought I had gotten through the worst, but I have recently been struggling. It's day 69 for me. It's no picnic, but my liver is pain free!!! I am so very proud of myself every morning when I get up and mark off another day. I was NEVER proud of myself when I was drinking. In fact, I disliked myself immensely and now I can say that I do like myself. Trust me, if can do this, so can you. Nothing in life that is worth anything is easy. Do it for your kids if not for yourself. I have posted many times here when I've felt down and the wonderful people here lift me back up. Please keep coming here. It has saved me and I know I won't drink tonight. ❤❤❤