View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Sheesh, what a day. I was reviewing my pre-op paperwork today, and was dismayed to see the surgical date as being 7/13--I could have SWORN the surgeon had told me 7/10. After futile calls to the hospital's surgical unit and to the "nurse navigator" (who apparently doesn't check her messages), I called the surgeon's personal cell (which he had given me and insisted that I call "any time"). He immediately reassured that I don’t have a brain tumor that’s making me hallucinate. It IS the 10th (Monday)--he had had them put it down for the 13th because he originally thought he had a long procedure scheduled for the 10th and he didn’t want to start operating at 5 pm. But that has been rescheduled, so it IS the 10th, which is what he HAD told me.

It's really not a huge deal either way, but I'm kinda like a little kid about this stuff--if you think something is happening a certain day it's a bit stressful to find out it isn't what you thought.

I guess I'm a bit hypersensitive to details right now--which is how you really have to be with something like this, but I'm rolling along just fine and hitting the unexpected is just, well, disconcerting.

All's well now, though.