Thread: Commitment
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 03:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thanks for the inspirational post Dee!

I know a while back there was a phrase going around on here. "You have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.". As much as that sounds upsetting to some nothing could be more true.

I quit so many times and put myself and many others through some horrible things until I finally got it.

It has nothing to do with being weak. It has to do with 100% complete acceptance that there will never be an excuse to drink. No possible circumstance, ever. You don't have to dwell on that daily but the moment thoughts come creeping into your head it has to take the forefront. The sooner this is done the better the success and the quicker the cravings leave.

I loved my alcohol. If you told me there would come a day I hated it I would have laughed at you. I hate it now. I accept it's ok for others but not for me. I know it will never fix anything, only make things worse or delay me from getting past what I'm dealing with. I'm finally free (coming up on 14 months) and life is far better than I could have ever imagined. I'm realistic that I must always stay mindful but the rare and random thought of alcohol is almost a joke now. THIS can happen for YOU too.

As long as you allow possibility to leave its foot in the door the longer it will take and the harder it will be.

Accept, DO!

You CAN do this, you are far stronger than you think!