View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SaveHer

At least in my state, anyone over the age of 18 can serve him, and she's doing it at his work in broad daylight with her husband outside in the car. Believe me, we've thought carefully about this. If I wait for a sheriff to do it, it could take days or weeks for him to be served, and I want it taken care of immediately.

I already changed the locks and I do have people staying with me tomorrow--and I may go to my parents' house overnight.

The order does not stipulate no contact nor does it say he has to stay away from me or my home. I was very upset about this. Thanks for the gray area, judge! Thanks for giving an out to a person with no sense of boundaries!

However, I've spoken with law enforcement, and if he comes here and has no reason to be here, I can ask him to leave, and if he refuses, they can enforce the order and arrest him. He cannot use his daughter as an excuse for coming to my home because he has no visitation, but since he still has some of his belongings here, that could be considered a reason. The police officer suggested I send him an email, give him a reasonable amount of time to make arrangements (a week?), and then put his stuff on the porch. I plan to do this right after he is served.

No more playing nice.