View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hns0685

Trying to get sober (again)

Hey, so here I am again. I made the decision last week that I need to get sober again, and I've slowly been making my way there. A little back story- I've gone to inpatient treatment once in 2011 and had 3 years of sobriety after that. For a lot of that time I was working a strong program in AA. Then I stopped, and relapsed. Since then I've had multiple 6mo./9mo./3mo. exc. but no lasting sobriety. I have 4 kids (one of them is 7mo. and thank God I didn't drink during my pregnancy) so I've found it hard, even with the support of my husband to work an AA program like I used to.

Anyway, here I am again. It hit me last week that I've been drinking REALLY hard for a couple of months now. My liver is actually sore and my eyes are always dry.. I am gaining weight and feel disgusting. I tried to just go cold turkey but the withdrawal symptoms scared me (sweaty palms, heart palpitations, overwhelming anxiety exc) so I decided to "taper" before quitting completely. I've had one drink today which is WAY less than my normal. I think I'll be able to make it through the night with one more, and tomorrow be done hopefully with minimal withdrawal symptoms. I know how scary it is to go cold turkey at home with the risk of seizures exc.

I guess I'm just saying hello and asking for some support. I know it's out there. I know people do recover for long periods of time. Thanks everyone