Old 06-29-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Frustrated47

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
you have a child. i presume this child attends school/daycare - i may have missed the age. there are other children at the school, and those children have parents. there is one cohort of potential acquaintances. there are adult education classes, cooking, oil painting, acting, computer skills, etc. community volunteer activities. plenty of positive outlets attended by other like minded individuals.

as an only child of a single mom, it always makes me sad when i hear parents with children saying they have no one in their lives. i hear the children of those parents saying: What about ME, mom?
I've tried reaching out to other parents but it seems to be a difficult bridge to cross when you are the only single parent and don't make Buko bucks.
Not a lot of interest from the other parents.
My son is 12 and will be 13 the end of August. The last thing boys of that age want to do is hang out with their mom. Of course I "have" him but anyone with a tween boy knows that he cannot fill the spot of an adult bff. Like any tween the most often used phrase in response to any question is I don't know.

I love him to the Moon and back but he is not someone I can confide in as far as adult information, nor should I.
That would be entirely inappropriate.
So when I say I don't have friends or family for a support system I'm speaking of an adult. A child was never meant to be an adult's support system.

I'll keep trying though.

Last edited by Frustrated47; 06-29-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Talk to text errors